Call for Papers
The 2014 International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications
University of Minho, Guimaraes, Portugal
June 30 - July 3, 2014
The 2014 International Conference on Computational Science and Its Applications (ICCSA 2014) will be held on June 30 - July 3 2014, University of Minho, Guimaraes, Portugal.
ICCSA 2014 is the next event in the series of highly successful International Conferences on Computational Science and Its Applications, previously held in Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam (2013), Salvador da Bahia - Brazil (2012), Santander - Spain (2011), Fukuoka - Japan (2010), Suwon - Korea (2009), Perugia - Italy (2008), Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia (2007), Glasgow - United Kingdom (2006), Singapore - Singapore(2005), Assisi - Italy (2004), Montreal - Canada (2003), and, as ICCS, in Amsterdam - The Netherlands (2002) and San Francisco - USA (2001).
Computational Science is a main pillar of most of the present research, industrial and commercial activities and plays a unique role in exploiting ICT innovative technologies.
The ICCSA Conference offers a real opportunity to bring together scientists of different disciplines, discuss new issues, tackle complex problems and find advanced solutions breeding new trends in Computational Science.
Submitted papers will be subject to stringent peer review by at least three experts and carefully evaluated based on originality, significance, technical soundness, and clarity of exposition. Accepted papers will appear in the Conference proceedings to be published by Springer-Verlag in Lecture Notes for Computer Science and Conference Publishing System (CPS). The authors of a selected number of top quality papers will be requested to extend their papers for further review and publication as special issues in highly recognized international journals.
ICCSA 2014 accepts paper submission in the following categories: main Conference theme papers, Workshop papers, and poster papers. The details for each paper submission category can be found at the URL http://www.iccsa.org/authors-instructions and the list of Workshops at the URL: http://www.iccsa.org/sessions.
The ICCSA 2014 Conference themes, grouped in five tracks, are the following (but are not limited to):
1. Track: Computational Methods, Algorithms and Scientific Application
Computational Combustion Computational Chemistry
Computational Fluid Dynamics
Numerical Methods and Algorithms
2. Track: High Performance Computing, Systems and Networks
Grid and Semantic Grid Computing
Workflow Design and Practice
Computer and Network Architecture
3. Track: Geometric Modeling, Graphics and Visualization
Web3D, Virtual and Augmented Reality
4. Track: Advanced and Emerging Applications
Environmental, Climate and Weather Modeling
Geology and Geophysics
Financial and Economical Modeling
Geographical Information Systems
5. Track: Information Systems and Technologies
Web Based Computing
To submit a paper, please connect to the Submission site from the link provided at the ICCSA 2014 web site: http://ess.iccsa.org.
Only papers submitted through the electronic system and strictly adhering to the relevant format will be considered for reviewing and publication.
The submission may fall into the following five categories: Main Conference Theme Papers (Regular, Short), Workshop Papers, PHD Showcase Papers and Poster Papers.
MAIN CONFERENCE THEME PAPERS
The submitted paper must be camera-ready, between 10 and 16 pages long and formatted according to the LNCS rules. Please consult the URL http://www.iccsa.org/authors-instructions for formatting information and templates.
The submitted paper must be between 10 to 16 pages long for LNCS publication, or 6 to 11 pages for CPS publication, and should be formatted according to the LNCS or CPS rules, respectively.
Please consult the URL http://www.iccsa.org/authors-instructions for formatting information and templates.
Reporting preliminary results of ongoing research. The submitted paper must be between 4 to 5 pages long formatted according to CPS rules. The Short Papers will be presented during the Conference and will be published by CPS.
PHD SHOWCASE PAPERS
Reporting ongoing research already achieving significant results and primarily carried out by Ph.D. students and junior researchers. The submitted paper must be between 5 to 8 pages long formatted according to CPS rules. The PHD Showcase Papers will be presented during the Conference and will be published by CPS.
Reporting preliminary results of ongoing research. The submitted paper must be between 3 to 4 pages long formatted according to CPS rules. The Poster Papers will be presented as posters during the Conference and will be published by CPS.
Each paper must deal with original and unpublished work, not submitted for publication elsewhere (copyright problems fall entirely under responsibility of the authors). Each paper will be reviewed by at least three experts in the relevant field, ensuring the publication of only top quality contributions.
When a paper is accepted at least one of the authors has to register to the Conference and orally present the paper in the Conference.
- Agricultural and Environmental Information and Decision Support Systems - AEIDSS 2014
- Advances in Web Based Learning - AWBL 2014
- Bio-inspired Computing and Applications - BIOCA 2014
- Computational and Applied Mathematics - CAM 2014
- Computer Aided Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis - CAMSA 2014
- Computational Geometry and Security Applications - CGSA 2014
- Computational algorithms for Sustainability Assessment - CLASS 2014
- Chemistry and Materials Sciences and Technologies - CMST 2014
- Computational Optimization and Applications - COA 2014
- Cities, Technologies and Planning - CTP 2014
- Computational Tools and Techniques for Citizen Science and Scientific Outreach - CTTCS 2014
- Econometrics and Multidimensional Evaluation in Urban Environment - EMEUE 2014
- Future Computing System Technologies, Innovations and Applications - FISTA 2014
- Formal Methods, Computational Intelligence and Constraint Programming for Software Assurance - FMCICA 2014
- Geographical Analysis, Urban Modeling, Spatial statistics - GeoAndMod 2014
- High Performance Computing in Engineering and Science - HPCES 2014
- Mobile Communications - MC 2014
- Mobile-computing, Sensing, and Actuation - Cyber Physical Systems - MSA4CPS 2014
- Quantum Mechanics: Computational Strategies and Applications - QMCSA 2014
- Remote sensing Data Analysis, modeling, interpretation and Applications: from a global view to a local analysis - RS 2014
- Software Engineering Processes and Applications - SEPA 2014
- Software Quality - SQ 2014
- Tools and Techniques in Software Development Processes - TTSDP 2013
- Virtual Reality and Applications - VRA 2013
- Agile Software Development Techniques - WAGILE 2014
- Big Data Analytics and Management - WBDAM 2014
Please pay attention, when submitting your contribution to one of the above listed Workshops, to select the right entry in the list box shown in the submission form.
Please refer to the URL:
for updated information about the Workshops.
An author is enabled to change the Workshop associated to a submitted paper until the submission deadline is expired.
The proceedings of the Conference will be published both by Springer-Verlag and Conference Publishing Services (CPS).
Each participant will receive the electronic copy of all the proceeding volumes (LNCS and CPS) on a USB key.
For a selected number of top quality papers, after the Conference, the authors will be requested to extend the paper in order to be published as special issues in appropriate international journals.
By submitting the paper to ICCSA Conference, all authors agree to abide by all ICCSA Conference paper submission, publication and presentation policies. Namely, authors confirm that the work is original, has not appeared in literature in any form in the past and will not be submitted to any other venue concurrently with ICCSA submission or until it appears in ICCSA proceedings (in the case of acceptance). Furthermore, upon paper acceptance, authors agree to transfer copyright on the accepted paper to ICCSA, and one of the authors will register the paper and present the paper at the event. No paper withdrawals can be accepted after Conference pre-registration date. Paper withdrawal request can be only accepted in writing through email, letter or fax to Conference organizers.
The Conference has no responsibility for any intentional or accidental misuse, misinterpretation, or failure to follow above rules and conditions and holds no legal, civil or other responsibility for opinions, content or utilization of any methods/algorithms expressed in the Conference proceedings.
February 1, 2014: Deadline for paper submission to the General Tracks (Sessions may select a different deadline)
April 10, 2014: Notification of Acceptance and Early-bird Registration starts.
May 6, 2014: Early-bird Registration ends.
May 6, 2014: Submission deadline for the final version of the Papers
June 30 - July 3, 2014: ICCSA 2014 Conference
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Perugia
Via Vanvitelli, 1
06123 Perugia, Italy
e-mail: osvaldo.gervasi <at> unipg <dot> it
Ana Maria Alves Coutinho da Rocha
Dep. Produção e Sistemas, Escola de Engenharia da Universidade do Minho
Campus de Gualtar, 4710-057 Braga, Portugal
Conference e-mail address: info2014 <at> iccsa <dot> org